Community Research Solutions was established in 2019. We are a woman-owned business, with a focus on research and evaluation projects. Our mission is to help organizations collect and use information to help strengthen programs, systems, and communities.
Cheryl Holm-Hansen, PhD
Cheryl is the owner of Community Research Solutions. She serves as the primary lead for projects while drawing on a network of independent contractors as needed. Cheryl is a community psychologist with extensive experience leading research and consulting projects, with well-developed research skills and a passion for using these skills to make a difference in the community.
Cheryl is a psychologist by training, with a BS in psychology from the University of Massachusetts (Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude) and an MA and a PhD in psychology from The Ohio State University.
As a life-long learner, Cheryl has pursued other educational opportunities as well. As part of her continuing education, she has earned a mini-master’s in business administration from the University of Buffalo School of Business and a certificate in project management from the University of Minnesota School of Continuing Education.
Cheryl brings more than 25 years’ experience conducting research and evaluation projects in partnership with foundations, government agencies, community-based programs, and educational institutions (including 20 years providing project and department leadership at Wilder Research in Saint Paul, MN).
In addition to Community Research Solutions, Cheryl also conducts research and evaluation through her role as Co-Director of the Midwest Center for School Mental Health. She also has more than 15 years of experience teaching psychology, counselor education, and human services courses at several different colleges and universities.
- Advanced experience with a diverse array of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to apply data to address social issues, inform policy-making, and enhance service delivery
- Effective collaboration with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Strong communicator, with excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Strategic thinker and proactive problem solver
- Demonstrated commitments to ethics, knowledge data-driven decision-making, social justice, and equity
- Strong knowledge of social service systems, with an emphasis on child/adolescent behavioral health